Sitting just west of downtown is Chicago’s West Loop, an area that is experiencing a development boom quite unlike anything in recent memory.
The West Loop area is bordered to the north by West Grand Avenue, to the south by I-290, to the west by Ashland Avenue and to the east by the Chicago River. The entire neighborhood covers only about one-and-a-half square miles, but packed inside is block after block of renovation and new construction — and some of the most desirable homes in the Second City. Now, the West Loop is a destination for food, drinks, and entertainment. Concert venues, restaurants, hotels, and more line Randolph and Madison, the two main stretches of this trendy neighborhood.
- The median age of residents in the West Loop is 29 years.
- The average household income in the West Loop is $108,760.
- The West Loop’s population is about 33,000 people.
Real Estate Options
The West Loop neighborhood offers low to mid rise living options with beautiful and unqiue views of Chicago’s skyline. The neighborhood is expanding with more residential options each year and will soon outweigh the nightlife, food, and entertainment businesses located along the main streets.
WEST LOOP PROPERTY VALUES
Dining, Nightlife, and Shopping
As mentioned above, the West Loop not only boasts some of Chicago’s best restaurants but also new tourist attractions, including:
- The National Hellenic Museum located in the small Greek Town sub-neighborhood of West Loop
- The new Google and McDonald’s corporate headquarters
- The uniquely designed and sought after Soho House Hotel
- The Taste of Randolph Street, which is known by fellow Chicagoans to be much better than The Taste of Chicago
West Loop, Chicago Homes for Sale, Condos for Sale, Apartments and Rentals
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.